Skip to content
10 Components of Fitness
- Endurance: The capacity of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- Stamina: How well the body utilizes energy. It involves muscular endurance as well as the speed of recovery.
- Strength: The capacity to withstand great force or pressure.
- Flexibility: The range of motion around a joint.
- Power: Doing more work, faster. Work = force x distance. Power = work/time.
- Speed: The measurement of distance divided by time. Go fast!
- Co-ordination: Engaging multiple muscle groups to work together for a purpose.
- Agility: Quick and efficient bodily movement and reaction.
- Balance: Control of the body in space. Balancing forces around the centre of mass.
- Accuracy: Reaching a target. Achieving a measured result.
[…] that utilize more than one joint. When programmed properly, functional fitness will increase all 10 components of fitness. When functional fitness is performed with intensity (higher power output), the results go up while […]