Skip to content
10 Components of Fitness
- Endurance: The capacity of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- Stamina: How well the body utilizes energy. It involves muscular endurance as well as the speed of recovery.
- Strength: The capacity to withstand great force or pressure.
- Flexibility: The range of motion around a joint.
- Power: Doing more work, faster. Work = force x distance. Power = work/time.
- Speed: The measurement of distance divided by time. Go fast!
- Co-ordination: Engaging multiple muscle groups to work together for a purpose.
- Agility: Quick and efficient bodily movement and reaction.
- Balance: Control of the body in space. Balancing forces around the centre of mass.
- Accuracy: Reaching a target. Achieving a measured result.